Mindset is a set of attitudes, beliefs, and outlooks that shape our thoughts and behaviours. It is the lens through which we view and interpret the world around us. It affects our day to day life in a variety of ways. For example, a positive mindset can lead to better decision making, motivation, and overall happiness, while a negative one can lead to procrastination, depression, and a lack of motivation. Mindset can also impact our relationships, career choices, health, and overall well-being.
How does a negative attitude affect our success?
A negative attitude can have a detrimental effect on our success. It can lead to low self-esteem, pessimism, procrastination, and a lack of motivation. It can also lead to feelings of discouragement, which can make it difficult to take risks and try new things. Negative attitudes can also cause us to miss out on opportunities and may lead to a lack of confidence. Ultimately, having a negative attitude can hinder our chances of achieving success.
But what do you do if life has thrown you many curveballs that you’ve not resolved, or you feel you simply don’t know where to start?
Here are 10 tips to overcome a negative attitude?
1. Identify the source of your negative attitude.
2. Make time for self-care and relaxation.
3. Learn where your early formative years have shaped your attitude.
4. Spend time with positive people.
5. Limit your exposure to negative news.
6. Make a conscious effort to be more optimistic by catching your inner whinge.
7. Avoid over-thinking and ruminating.
8. Take small steps to work towards your goals.
9. Figure out your WHY. What is it you want in your life and why.
10. Recognise and celebrate your successes.
Start your day the way you mean to go on. The Reset is a good beginning. It’s taken me nearly 50 years to love myself and I truly believe when we love ourselves we invest in ourselves